hoarse radish

what'ssmallredandwhispers?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Patois


I just returned from a trip to Atlanta. My family spent the weekend watching my brother race in the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup there. After a tough qualifying session, he passed about 6 guys in the rain-soaked race. I was really impressed by him! Race cars are so menacing. Watching swarms of them tear through the misty rain over and over emphasized to me what I already knew- I ain't cut out for this! During the race, we saw three or four other Jettas slush through wet mud and pop their bumpers open against the track walls, but Perry made it through safely.

Beyond the track, my family had fried chicken and waffles at a homeless cafeteria that serves the best brunch in Atlanta.

Cafe 458 Atlanta

I also was lucky enough to come across a wedding party of jamaican women speaking patois (pidgin Jamaican English) to one another. Here is a video of a patois speaker:



No comments:

Post a Comment

What does the boss say?

Like what you're listening to? All posted MP3s are for evaluation purposes only. Go and buy it in the store you cheeky beggar. If you are the owner of music files or pictures featured on this site and would like them removed, contact us and we will gladly do so.

Contributors