hoarse radish

what'ssmallredandwhispers?

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soy tomatera


In a big shift away from my recent LSAT-filled end of summer days, I woke up at 6:30 AM this morning to sell tomatoes for Tomatero Farm at a Farmer's Market in Danville, CA. I got hooked up with the strange gig through a friend of a friend. At the end of the day, I walked away $50 wealthier and with a mind filled with psychedelic veg: tie-dyed heirlooms, rainbow chard, green eggs , and tomatoes that grow without water (they have more flavor that way!).

Plentiful bills and many a quarter passed through my hands. I weighed gobs of golden beat orbs, speared tomato samples with toothpicks and encouraged passersby to try the dry farmed early girls (my favorite), green zebras, purple cherokees and yellow brandywines. The work was simple but satisfying, and now I can roll with some organic/local farming street cred on my side (and some free veggies from the neighboring vendors).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does the boss say?

Like what you're listening to? All posted MP3s are for evaluation purposes only. Go and buy it in the store you cheeky beggar. If you are the owner of music files or pictures featured on this site and would like them removed, contact us and we will gladly do so.

Contributors