hoarse radish

what'ssmallredandwhispers?

Friday, October 16, 2009

Thank you, the National

interesting note: the dude on the far left looks just like Mr. Collins from the recent Pride & Prejudice movie


The National lyricist and lead singer Matt Beringer writes prose to music. The imagery is so rich, thick. Here are some of my favorites from their songs:

"Fake Empire"
Tip-toe through our shiny city
with our diamond slippers on.
Do our gay ballet on ice,
blue birds on our shoulders.
We’re half awake
in a fake empire.


"All the Wine"
I'm put together beautifully
Big wet bottle in my fist, big wet rose in my teeth
I'm perfect piece of ass
Like every Californian
So tall I take over the street, with highbeams shining on my back
A wingspan unbelievable
I'm a festival, I'm a parade

And all the wine is all for me
And all the wine is all for me
And all the wine is all for me

"Slow Show"
Standing at the punch table swallowing punch
can’t pay attention to the sound of anyone
a little more stupid, a little more scared
every minute more unprepared
I made a mistake in my life today
everything I love gets lost in drawers
I want to start over, I want to be winning
way out of sync from the beginning

I wanna hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I’m very, very frightening
I’ll overdo it

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does the boss say?

Like what you're listening to? All posted MP3s are for evaluation purposes only. Go and buy it in the store you cheeky beggar. If you are the owner of music files or pictures featured on this site and would like them removed, contact us and we will gladly do so.

Contributors