hoarse radish

what'ssmallredandwhispers?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Today I spell checked the names of famous Bay Area artists as a task for me boss. Here are some of the neat things I came across:

Kota Ezawa "Image from History of Photography Remix," 2005, 35mm slide show (40 slides)edition of 6


Rigo 23, Sculpture on the campus of San Jose State University in San Jose, California. portraying 1968 U.S. Olympics athletes Tommie Smith (gold, #1) and John Carlos (Bronze, #3) on the Olympics winners podium delivering a Black Power salute during the playing of the US National Anthem at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. The space for #2, which was occupied by Australian sprinter (and protest supporter) Peter Norman, was left empty so that viewers could also "take a stand."

Rupert Garcia "1975, 2002" (2002) woodcut. h: 42 x w: 31.5 in / h: 106.7 x w: 80 cm

1 comment:

  1. I learn something fascinating every time I read this blog. I'm haunted by the fact that those great artworks are in storage... just like my old clothes.

    ReplyDelete

What does the boss say?

Like what you're listening to? All posted MP3s are for evaluation purposes only. Go and buy it in the store you cheeky beggar. If you are the owner of music files or pictures featured on this site and would like them removed, contact us and we will gladly do so.

Contributors