hoarse radish

what'ssmallredandwhispers?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Remember when?



The very first iPod was released in January of 2000, nearly 10 years ago. The clunky chap included the classic game "brick" (originally designed by Steve Wozniak himself!) and held just 1 GB's worth of music. iPod usership didn't really take off until 2005, by which time the classic had 4GB of memory and a shuffle and mini were also on the market.


I remember owning my first iPod, although I'm not sure who gave it to me or where I got it from. Failures in reliability and durability are innate to these iconic mp3 players, and I'm sure we've all seen a form of iPod crash on us and abandoned in favor of a new model. I reckon that someday the original generations will be prized relics for thrift store treasure-hunters. Heck, I wouldn't mind having an oldie.

For comparison's sake, here's the "iPod Family" (Charles Manson reference, anyone?) we have now:




No comments:

Post a Comment

What does the boss say?

Like what you're listening to? All posted MP3s are for evaluation purposes only. Go and buy it in the store you cheeky beggar. If you are the owner of music files or pictures featured on this site and would like them removed, contact us and we will gladly do so.

Contributors